Been wondering for a while if I'd continue posting on this space.... I made a site change about a year and a half ago and to be honest with you I haven't been terribly impressed. With the seasonal shift upon us I have decided to make a few changes. Kenny + I are going to (somewhat) regularly update a blog of our own for family and friends afar as we enter a new season of life together. We will begin married+living together life this summer. Thank you to so many of you who have followed along for years as I've made different changes to this space. If you wish.... you can follow us over to this new place --> Kenny + Lauren and download our Winter Wonderment Mixtape. Hope you all have a cozy , safe and very merry holiday season!
we were able to get to michigan for a couple days to see kenny's family. we had yummy yummy turkey at his grandparents house. i learned that his grandma makes the best strawberry jam ever! really everything was so delicious. hope you all had a wonderful cozy day with your loved ones!
Today's special post is from Allison! Her blog is one of the first I started following about two years ago and she quickly became a blogging friend. Haha, is that a real term?! Allison and her husband, Tate, were recently married and she has been oh so helpful with wedding advice. ;) Allison, I wish we lived closer! Think we'd share lots of hot chocolate together. Here we go...
Hey! I'm Allison from Note to Self. I'm so excited to be featured on Lo's blog! Here are ten things I'm grateful for this season:
1. My husband. He makes life so exciting and we can't wait for our adventures ahead.
2. Our kitten, Mesa.We got her over the summer and since then our apartment has been a little crazy (in a very good way). She definitely has a catitude.
3. Our new job. We just found out we're moving to China for 5 months to teach English (!!)
4. National parks. Without the outdoors, we'd go crazy. We feel so lucky to live so close to Yellowstone National Park.
5. Hot chocolate. It's the small things, right? I drink one everyday (and sipping one as I type this).
6. Tea towels. I'm not sure why, but pretty tea towels make my kitchen so much happier.
7. Art homework. Although my social life is almost nonexistent, I love all of my art homework. I can't imagine what life would be like without making something everyday.
8. Music. After a long day nothing is better than turning on some tunes (my go-to bands are Radiohead and M83).
9. Tiny towns. I never thought I'd say this, but I love our tiny town in Idaho.
10. Blogging. I love sharing ideas and special moments with other people that blog! Come visit me.
One of my favorite days with my favorite days with my favorite human at one of my favorite places.
today's wonderful gratitude list is brought to you by my best friend since fifth grade, ellie. whenever we're together we laugh a whole bunch and she's an incredibly hard worker, loyal friend and strong young woman! here's what she's feeling grateful for this season...
1. my family, and how they put up with my homesickness by talking to me on the phone multiple times a day
2. my beautiful best friends who i've grown up with & can't wait to continue to experience life with
4. sunlight through open windows
5. candles, especially nordic pine. yay xmas!
6. my anatomy teacher's office hours
7. my faith & the answers and relief it never ceases to provide
8. furry creatures, like my dog
9. HEALTH! always